Dear NBA Families,
It is that time again……get ready for the 2019 Tunathon! Sunday, April 28, 2019 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
This is our major fundraising event that allows those that benefit most from the drive to participate…namely our swimmers! This year we have already had a successful drive…the Annual fund… where our parents participated (thank you parents who helped out this year), and we have had a very successful campaign for travel needs that was funded by our awesome masters team (thank you masters swimmers). Now it is time for our swimmers to do their part with the always fun Tunathon.
Not only does this allow for our swimmers to help raise necessary money to keep our program whole, it also allows them to get the word out to the public as to what we do on NBA. We are proud of our product and what we have accomplished over the past few years….let’s tell our friends and neighbors!
We look for 100% participation from our team…we are not large in numbers which makes it even more necessary for everyone to pitch in to allow our program to thrive from the local level all the way up to the national level. All hands on deck!!!
Here are some things to know:
Swimmers commit to swim a targeted number of laps and receive pledges and donations from family, friends, neighbors, and local businesses. This annual “laps for dollars” event raises funds for a variety of needs such as training equipment and renting our pool space. The event it is a fantastic way for swimmers to contribute to the financial well-being of the club while increasing awareness about our team.
Our swimmers will be working to complete 200 laps in a two-hour time period. This is quite a challenge, especially for our younger members! Whether you swim 5 laps 50 or 200, we need every swimmer in the water raising awareness and funds.
THE TUNATON ITSELF
Tiburon Peninsula Club, 1600 Mar West St, Tiburon
Sunday, April 28th
9:00 – 10:00 am
9:30 – 10:30 am
Light breakfast throughout the morning
BRING THE FAMILY
The Tunathon is a family event. Swim parents help count laps and keep track of times. The highlight of the event is the Crazy Fun Relays with the littlest to the Biggest Tunas swimming together. We hope everyone is able to get the whole family involved and bring attention and recognition to our amazing team!
Our goal this year is to raise+* $30,000.*+ (As a competitive swim team we set goals.) Last year, our goal was $28,000 and we smashed that goal and raised over $39,000!
We will be rewarding swimmers who raise:
- $250 or more with professional underwater filming of the swimmer swimming a 200 IM with our coaches commentary on strokes and technique. Filming will take place May 16-18.
- $500 or more will receive the expensive high tech (keeps your ice solid all day, keeps your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot all day while keeping your liquid of choice fresh tasting) Hydra Flask that every kid has or wants, plus the underwater filming.
- This year, we will also give out a random or multiple random surprise prizes to one swimmer sometime during the fundraising event.
HOW TO DONATE AND FUNDRAISE
Go to our team website at www.northbayaquatics.org or go directly to pledgeit.org/northbay (Also found on our website homepage!!!)
It’s as easy as that and no-sign in required!
You can also give cash or a check made payable to North Bay Aquatics to your swimmer. Please have them complete the Sponsor Form with the donor’s name and email so we can thank them and send a tax deductible receipt.
In addition, each swimmer can create their own personalized campaign page:
- Go to https://pledgeit.org/for/north-bay-aquatics and click the “Create Your Campaign” button
- Register with your name and email address
- In the Basic Info section, enter your name in the Name field where it says “YourName”
- In the Customization section, add a personal photo or use the default photo
- Click the “Save” button and then click the “Launch” button
- Share your campaign with family & friends via email, text message, and social media
It’s that easy!
Parents who may have missed the Annual Fund Drive are invited to take this opportunity to support our team.
In the coming weeks I will be sending out more info that will help with the cause. Please remember that this is your team and we need your help!