TPC Weekly Update 12/10
PRACTICE — Normal schedule this week. There are 2 more weeks in the Fall session. A reminder that Fridays we will combine Groups 1 and 2 from 3:30-4:30 and Group 3, 4:15-5:45.
JO RECAP — This past weekend was one of the fastest 14-un meets in California, the Pacific Swimming Junior Olympics. The Tuna were in fine form in San Jose; and, despite the wintry weather, we had many standout swims!
- The relays were awesome with many swimmers getting their first taste of Junior Olympic racing. Congrats Storm, Dylan, Blake, Lily, Marina, and Zara!
- William Canori had a stellar meet, winning the 500 Free in comeback fashion while setting a new NBA Team Record, 5:44.26. He also ranked Tuna all-time top 3 in the 200 Free, 2:12.33 (3rd)
- Piper Morrell made a Final at her first JO’s, smoking a 38.2 in her 50 Breast
- Cameron Forbes won the 50 Back! and narrowly missed breaking 30 in her 50 Fly (30.04—knocking off one of the oldest record on the Board (Suzannah Miller from 1978!)
- Esme Palmer made Finals in her 50 Free and was a critical component to the successful 11-12 Girls Relays
- Fiona Bell broke 6min. in her 500 Free, almost cracked a minute in her 100 Free (00.7), and brought the Free Relay home in style.
- Overall it was a great weekend for the TUNA!
HUSKY INVITE — Our Senior team was in action up in Seattle, with many best times and Team Records—and set a new Pacific Swimming Record in the 15-16 Boys 200 Medley Relay 1:24.45 (Luca Gissendaner, Justin Wong, Nicky Glenn, and Bryce Roberts)—3 of those boys spent many hours in the TPC pools honing their craft when they were younger! Hopefully, many of you will be a part of our team to experience the fun travel meets your swimmers can experience as they progress through the program!
ARIZONA — please get on this google doc if you are planning to attend the meet!
HOLIDAY TRAINING — as mentioned above, the Fall season ends Dec. 20th, but we will have some workouts available for our young swimmers over the break. Details are still being hammered out but last year they were at Redwood High in the mornings. Stay tuned for more details!
*WINTER 2020 — * Winter goes from 1/7 – 3/13. There will be a separate informational email out soon, so please hold your Winter questions until after that goes out.
QUOTE — Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. — Charles R. Swindoll
See you at the pool!, Coach Mike